Go ahead and Google the word “multivitamin”. You will find out very quickly that there are some mixed reviews on whether or not a multivitamin is needed.
Taking a daily multivitamin is more than just hair and skin benefits, it can provide vitamins and minerals that your body needs and is most likely not getting.
Here are 4 Reasons Why You Need a Daily Multivitamin
1.You’re Not (Really) Eating A Healthy Diet
One argument against multivitamins is the fact that you can get all the nutrients you need from fruits, veggies, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. We get it, and we agree! But that doesn’t mean that we actually do it!
Are you getting these essential vitamins in your daily diet?
- Magnesium: Promotes muscle and nerve health* and can be found in leafy greens (like spinach), almonds and beans.
- Calcium: Promotes bone and dental health* and can be found in milk and dairy products.
- Vitamin C: Antioxidant and natural immune system support* that can be found in orange juice, cherries, red peppers, kale, and grapefruit.
- Vitamin B-12: Helps functions of the brain and nervous system* and can be found in foods from animals as well as a pill and liquid form.
- Vitamin D: Promotes skin and bone health* and comes in foods like broccoli, egg yolks, cereals, and spinach. Oh yeah, and the sun!
- Iron: Essential for blood production* and comes in foods like clams, liver, beans, and spinach.
- Vitamin A: For vision health and immune system support* and comes in foods like carrots and meat.
If you are super confident that you are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals through your diet, then you might not need a multivitamin–unless you are missing out on one of the following reasons!
2. Your Immune System Needs Some Boosting
If you find yourself getting sick a lot, it might be from a lack of vitamins and trace elements required to help your immune system function efficiently.
This study found a direct correlation between the contribution of selected vitamins and trace elements to immune function. They [Bayer Consumer Care Ltd, Basel, Switzerland.] specifically mentioned, “Insufficient intake of micronutrients occurs in people with eating disorders, in smokers (both active and passive), in individuals with chronic alcohol abuse, in patients with certain diseases, during pregnancy and lactation, and in the elderly.”
How we treat our bodies can have a major impact on our immune system, so we can always use a little extra help!
3. You Need Your Water-Soluble Vitamins
There are 9 water-soluble vitamins found in the human diet:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin)
- Vitamin B9 (Folate)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- Vitamin C
Water-soluble vitamins are generally not stored in the body, which means you need to get them regularly from your diet, or from your daily multi :).
If you aren’t getting these in your diet, then you definitely need a multivitamin to help with that!
4. You’re Not Feeling Your Best
Maybe you’re feeling a bit foggy or looking for something to help you feel like your best self, a multivitamin might help!
Being deficient in certain vitamins can have an effect on your overall well-being!
Lack of energy? Brain fogginess? Weak immune system? Feeling blah?
Finding the right multivitamin can help you with all of these things.
A multivitamin with water-soluble vitamins can bring the benefits of immune system support*, energy metabolism, and even hair and skin health.
If your multivitamin has Huperzine-A then you can get some assistance in cognitive performance, alertness, and memory*.
So, here’s to healthy eating, strong immune systems, living our best life, and finding a great daily multi :).
Mamas! You need a good daily multivitamin to ensure you are getting essential vitamins in your diet. Check out our multi here:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.