As of 2018, heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, causing 1 out of 4 deaths. Heart disease is an all-encompassing name that includes genetic defects, to infections, to blood-vessel diseases.
We should be taking care of our hearts every single day. It can be as simple as what we eat, how much we sleep, and how we destress.
Though men are twice as likely to have heart issues than women, no one is immune.
So, we are focusing on different areas of our lives where we can make tiny decisions that will have big results on our heart and our health.
Diet Changes to Help Your Heart
1.Watch Your Sugar. Eating a diet full of sugar can lead to weight gain and could even increase your risk of heart disease. The biggest source of added sugar in the average American’s diet is soda. This 15-year study found that those who took in 25% more of their daily calories as sugar were twice as likely to have issues with heart disease, here’s the study.
2. Limit Your Salt. The FDA has an upper salt limit of 2.3 grams (2,300 mg) daily, while the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends even less, limiting sodium to 1.5 grams (1,500 mg) daily. When you eat too much salt it causes your body to retain water, which increases blood pressure, putting strain on blood vessels, the heart, and kidneys.
3. Eat More Fish. The AHA recommends people eat fish (rich in unsaturated fats) at least twice a week. Why? They are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids which benefit the heart.
4. More Fruits and Vegetables. An 8-week study found that a diet rich in fruits and veggies helped lower levels of blood markers for heart damage and strain. It also helped lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
5. Eat More Heart-Healthy Foods. Watching your sugar and limiting your salt can become a lot easier when you know what to eat instead. Some heart-healthy foods include: dark chocolate, walnuts, beans, garlic, leafy greens, and berries.
Self-Care Ideas To Benefit Your Heart
6. Deal with Stress. When you learn how to manage your stress, you are taking care of your overall health and wellbeing. Positive psychological health is associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Stress is also known to affect your energy, your sleep, and your mood.
7. Slow Down on the Alcohol. Alcohol can have an affect on the cardiovascular system. When drinking alcohol, there is a temporary increase in heart rate and blood pressure. When someone drinks consistently, it can lead to on-going increased heart rate, blood pressure, weakened heart muscle, and more.
8. Stop Smoking. 1 in every 5 deaths in the United States is caused by smoking. It negatively affects almost every organ in the body. The chemicals in smoke can damage your heart and blood vessels and it’s a major risk factor for heart disease.
Body Focus for Heart Benefits
9. Exercise. Boost energy, decrease blood pressure and heart rate, enhance mood, reduce stress, sleep better. What does exercising not help?
10. Flossing. This is real. We know that floss removes plaque and bacteria between hard to reach spaces between your teeth. This keeps your gums clean and healthy. But research shows that gum disease has a connection with heart disease. So, flossing not only protects your gum but it can help your heart!
Add Some Vitality To Your Life
Where’s number 11, you’re wondering? We have serious love for hearts and we want to help you take care of yours. That’s why we created Vitality Targeted Heart Health Drink.
This tasty drink (tastes like Vineyard Grape) fits right in with the other 10 ways to take care of your heart. It also:
- Promotes healthy blood and oxygen flow*
- Helps improve circulation*
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels*
- Promotes gut health and immune support*
- Promotes cardiovascular health*
We made this product specifically to support men’s health, since men are twice as likely to have heart issues than women. But anyone can benefit from its power-packed ingredients.
Protect the center of your being and add more Vitality to your life!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.