Male skin is 25% thicker than female skin. That’s great for resiliency and aging (thinner skin is prone to fine lines and saggy skin, sorry ladies). But terrible for dry and rough patches.
Men also have more collagen and elastin, which helps keep their skin plump and youthful.
It’s not all good news for men though. They also tend to have greasier skin and often have to deal with skin irritation.
Now, skincare might not be the topic of conversation on most men’s lips but recent polls have found that they do actually care about their skin (specifically, under eye circles, dull skin, and general skin impurities).
So, without further ado, let’s get the skinny on your skin.
5 Quick Skin Tips to Focus On
1. Go Natural: Make sure you look for natural ingredients. Harsh soaps and detergents can cause dryness and irritation.
2. Avoid These Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Triclosan, Sulfates, Parabens, and Phthlates have all been found to cause skin irritation or more serious issues.
3. Water Temperature: Hot water and skin moisture are not buds. It can damage your skin’s natural barrier and lead to dehydrated skin.
4. Look for 2 in 1 Products: Like our Vigor Brisk Body Wash AND Shaving Foam. You don’t need to buy multiple products to get the job done. Efficiency at its best.
5. Moisturize: Real men take care of their skin!
Once those things are covered, now we need to look at a major factor that affects your skin. Showering.
5 Shower Tips for Better Skin
There is a Good, Better, and Best way to shower. Women might take longer showers, but men tend to shower more frequently. Here are a few tips for some skin TLC.
🚿Showering Too Often. Once a day (or once every other day) is usually a good amount to shower. Showering too often can affect your body’s natural oil and lead to dry skin.
🚿Taking Long Showers. Showering for longer than 10 minutes equates to more water than a bath. Save water and your skin by keeping your showers to 10 minutes or less.
🚿 Using Harsh Soaps or Shampoos. Bar soaps usually have parabens and other harsh ingredients. Look for natural options.
🚿 Aggressive Washing. Yes, this is a thing. Take it easy when washing with your washcloth or loofah. No need to scrub, just gently swipe.
🚿 Putting Bacteria On Yourself. Be sure to use a fresh washcloth and let your loofah dry completely (preferably outside of the shower) so it’s not a breeding ground for bacteria.
And remember what we mentioned above: Make sure your showers aren’t too hot!
How to Get Real Clean While Taking Care of Your Skin
Men deserve high-quality products formulated for them. No fluff, no flowers, just clean and effective.
Vigor (Brisk Body Wash and Shaving Foam) is our premium body wash made with pure pine essential oils.
Benefits of having (Vigor) a Body Wash and Shaving Foam in One!
1. Saves Money. Boom you just combined two products into one natural, safe, and effective product to allow you to clean your body and shave.
2. Convenience. Are you a shave your face in the shower type of guy? Or maybe you prefer to shave over the sink? Either way you can do both with Vigor.
3. Simplifies Your Routine. And your grocery list. No need to rummage through your drawers to find your shaving cream, just grab Vigor and get a nice clean shave.
4. Peace of Mind. This premium body wash and shaving foam in one is made with only the best ingredients. No fillers or junk. Just natural and effective goodness that your skin (and you) will love.