Splish splash, it’s time for a bath! Bath time can be so much fun for babies, toddlers, and parents. Not only is it great for bonding but there are lots of other benefits as well:
- Muti-sensory exploration: splashing, floating toys, etc.
- Fine motor skills: filling up cups and dumping them out (usually all over the bathroom)
- Enhances sleep: reduces cortisol levels and sets a relaxing mood
It’s also great for routine-building.
A nightly bath doesn’t always require soap (sometimes you just want a little soak) but when it does, we definitely have a favorite bath wash to let you in on…in just a bit. But right now let’s talk about something else!
Toddlers and Bath Safety
It’s funny. Bathing a brand new baby usually consists of lots and lots of crying (unless you have an angel baby who loves bathing from the get-go), then bath time is pretty relaxing for the newborn, and then it gets crazy again when they want to turn over and knock over everything.
And then you have a toddler and bath time changes up yet again! That’s when it’s time to go over some bath safety.
- Never Leave Your Toddler Alone. They could slip or fall or worse. Don’t take any chances!
- Keep Everything Within Reach. In order to do #1, you need to make sure to have toys, shampoo, washcloths, etc. all within an arm’s reach.
- Pre-Fill The Tub. Having the water running while simultaneously checking the temperature and making sure your child doesn’t slip or drink the bathwater is too stressful, just have it ready to go!
- Test The Temp. Make sure the temperature isn’t too hot or cold for your little one. Use the back of your hand to check.
- Find A Good Water Level. Do not fill the tub higher than your child’s waist level.
- Find Bath Washes/Soaps For Sensitive Skin. Bathing too often and harsh soaps can dry out the skin. Find a good bath wash and definitely moisturize after bath time.
- Baby Proof Your Bathroom. Have a good bath mat to prevent slipping. Hide razors or anything else that little hands can grab a hold of.
- Clean Bath Toys Weekly. Disinfect and rinse. Studies have found mold, bacteria, and fecal matter on bath toys. Yuck 🤢
Now that we know all the safety tips, let’s circle back to our favorite bath wash!
The First EVER Foaming OIL Bath Wash
We aren’t the first company to create a bath wash, and we aren’t the first company to create a foaming bath wash. But we are the first company to create a foaming OIL bath wash.
We went the oil route for multiple reasons. We wanted our product to be harsh-chemical free. No SLS or SLES.
SLS, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, is commonly used in personal care products. In simplest terms, it is what helps the product to foam.
The scary thing about SLS is that it’s been linked from skin irritation all the way to much more serious things. Nobody wants that in their bath wash, but a surprising amount of bath washes, shampoos, and other products have it. But not ours!
Some extra pluses of using essential oils are the benefits of aromatherapy, calming benefits for the skin, lavender for relaxation, and citrus just to make you clean and happy :).
It’s also gentle on the eyes and made for sensitive skin.
Getting your baby to relax, get clean, and be happy, all from a bath wash, is a parenting win!
It’s Bubbly Time
We like being transparent with our products and especially our ingredients. We know that there are lots of great products out there to choose from. But when you purchase from us, you are joining a movement. You are joining a family!
With every product we create, we strive to impact, strengthen, and protect families, all to simplify parenting. We do that by listening to you! We love hearing your feedback on current products and your ideas for future products. Just let us know.
And mama, if you run out of shaving cream, our Foaming Oil Bath Wash can help with that as well 🙂
If you are interested in purchasing Wink’s Bath Wash, check it out here.
You are protected by our 100% Happy Guarantee. If you don’t love our products, return them for a full refund. It’s how we think things should be done.