Apple Tart with Collagen Recipe below as well:
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes, plus 1 TBSP, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 TSP Kosher salt
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 TBSP Fresh lemon juice
- 1 TSP Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Scoop Wink Multi-Collagen
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the flour, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add in chopped butter and pulse the mixture until it looks like wet sand. Add 2-4 tablespoons cold water and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll to about a 10- to 11-inch circle. Gently transfer it to a 9- or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan and fit the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Trim dough overage. Set the tart pan in the refrigerator while making the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core, and quarter the apples and then thinly slice them lengthwise. Toss apples with the lemon juice, cinnamon, Multi-Collagen and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Remove tart shell from refrigerator. Arrange the apples in concentric circles so they overlap slightly. Brush the edges of the crust with the melted butter and then bake until the edges are golden and the apples have cooked down, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Need some Multi-Collagen? Order it here.